jodi's weblog - home

« Studio Saturday: some catching up to do | Main | We're sorry. . . »

December 20, 2005

Self portrait tuesday - gaining

spt dec 20 05

Some days it feels like my belly has doubled in size.

Posted by jodi at December 20, 2005 09:25 AM | categories:  self portrait tuesday

Comments

tell me about it. it takes me about 10 minutes to put on jeans that just came out of the dryer.

Posted by: Rebecca Lesiak at December 20, 2005 10:11 AM

Great picture.

I've found that donuts make my clothes shrink. I can't figure it out, but it seems to be true.

Posted by: NWJR at December 20, 2005 10:13 AM

Nah, it's just bloating. Or salt. Or gas.

Posted by: lunastrixae at December 20, 2005 10:58 AM

Pop out a couple of babies and turn 40, THEN talk to me about your belly. ;-) It looks fine from here.

Posted by: Snowball at December 20, 2005 11:38 AM

Beautiful composition. Almost like (very small, barely rounded) pears.

Posted by: Karma at December 20, 2005 12:10 PM

It's beautiful.

I feel the same way about my belly. Part of me still thinks like the girl I was at 16. I need to work out. I need to get rid of it. But, you know, I like curves. The smoothness, the femininity. I like it. :)

Posted by: Heather at December 20, 2005 12:45 PM

anything you are forgetting to tell us?

Posted by: bonnie at December 20, 2005 02:56 PM

hello!

that is a beautiful portrait.

i am a fellow vancouverite, i came across your blog while googling for sweet woodruff.

i'm trying to figure out where to get it because i desperately want some in my garden next year.

have a lovely tuesday.

Posted by: renita at December 20, 2005 07:35 PM

It's a beautiful belly. Be proud.

Posted by: Roberta at December 21, 2005 09:41 AM

That, my dear, is hardly a "belly". We're supposed to have curves and softness.

Posted by: Gina at December 21, 2005 12:21 PM

I only count 5 drawings so far. Do all printmakers have to have a moleskin?

Sheesh! Ba humbug, eh?

At mothering.com a bunch of the mothers have taken pictures of their bellies post-baby, my wife included. It's worth checking out.

Posted by: Cap'n Pete at December 21, 2005 11:35 PM

bellies? gawd.
i just finished an assignment on waist to hip measurement ratios being a good indication of heart attack likelihood. measure me in the afternoon and i'm moderate risk. measure me in the morning and i'm low risk. turns out i walk around bloated as soon as i start in on eating for the day.
as for your belly, i think it looks lovely.
i say improve your buttertart to kale ratio and don't worry about what it looks like or what the scale says.

Posted by: jae at December 23, 2005 07:21 PM